To optimize your virtual classroom experience with background music, Explore the following options:
Option 1: Share External Video
- Find a music video on platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, or other publicly hosted resources.
- Play the video through "Share External Video" in the classroom.
Note: Media cannot be recorded, so share the link in the chat for learners who want access in the recording.
Option 2: Share Screen with Google Chrome
- Share your screen using Google Chrome.
- Choose "Share Chrome Tab" and enable "Share Audio."
- Select the tab containing the music source.
Note: Your screen will be recorded, and your webcam won't appear in the recording.
Option 3: Separate Mic Inputs or Mixer
- Have different mic inputs for each audio source or use a mixer.
- Connect to your class as a second user for speaking and play music through that mic input.
- Adjust the volume accordingly for a balanced audio experience.
If you choose the mixer option, consider using USB mixers for better control. Check out these options on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+mixer&crid=3L9PBUW3CCVJF&sprefix=USB+mixer%2Caps%2C206&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_9
Important Note: Turn Off "Audio Filters for Microphone"
Before playing background music, go to settings, and turn off "Audio Filters for Microphone." Otherwise, the music will be suppressed.