You can share your desktop in the virtual classroom. This is what you need to know.
1.Your java needs to be updated. Please update before your session at java.com/download.
2. If you are going to use desktop sharing, we recommend using Firefox (Chrome will not work to share your desktop).
3. This is the button to click on . Agree to launch everything the system asks you to launch.
4. Large screen areas take more time to process. Therefore it is more bandwidth friendly to choose a smaller area to display.
5. Try not to use screen sharing to share documents such as PPT, DOC, or PDF. It is much more bandwidth friendly to upload them to the whiteboard.
Is it running slowly?
1. Choose a smaller region.
2. Simplify the information on the screen.
- Use simple images and solid colors
- Minimize scrolling (aka moving around).
- Don’t share video or lot's of movement
3. Stop other tasks using bandwidth (such as video).