You can share your desktop in the virtual classroom. This is what you need to know.
1.Your java needs to be updated. Please update before your session at java.com/download.
Note: If you are on a Mac it may tell you the app is from an "Unidentified Developer". Please see instructions at the bottom.
2. If you are going to use desktop sharing, we recommend using Firefox (Chrome will not work to share your desktop).
3. This is the button to click on . Agree to launch everything the system asks you to launch.
4. Large screen areas take more time to process. Therefore it is more bandwidth friendly to choose a smaller area to display.
5. Try not to use screen sharing to share documents such as PPT, DOC, or PDF. It is much more bandwidth friendly to upload them to the whiteboard.
Is it running slowly?
1. Choose a smaller region.
2. Simplify the information on the screen.
- Use simple images and solid colors
- Minimize scrolling (aka moving around).
- Don’t share video or lot's of movement
3. Stop other tasks using bandwidth (such as video).
On Macs: Open App from an "Unidentified Developer"
Simply Control+Click on the app in the Finder, then select "Open." You'll see a new popup asking if you're sure you want to run the app on your Mac. Just hit "Open" again and you're set.