The purpose of the LearnItLive.com Class Image Guidelines is to ensure that the images associated with classes on our platform are visually appealing, clear, and effectively convey the content of the class to potential learners.
- Class images must be high-resolution and of good quality, with a recommended size greater than 1280x720 pixels.
- Images should be visually striking and attention-grabbing, using vibrant colors and clear, unambiguous visuals that represent the class content.
- Images must not be cluttered or contain excessive elements, as this may reduce the visual impact and clarity of the image.
- It is recommended to use very little or no text on class images. If text must be used, it should be limited to the class title or a brief tagline and must be clear, legible, and concise. The text should not be placed in areas where it may be cropped or covered by the application interface.
- Images must not contain any offensive, inappropriate, or copyrighted material. All images must adhere to LearnItLive.com’s terms of service and community guidelines.
- The LearnItLive.com platform may automatically overlay additional text or elements on class images, such as class duration or pricing information. Class image designs should accommodate these overlays by leaving ample negative space and avoiding crucial content in areas where overlays may appear.
- Instructors are responsible for ensuring that their class images adhere to this policy. LearnItLive.com reserves the right to request changes to class images or to replace non-compliant images with a default or alternative image at its discretion.
- Instructors are encouraged to periodically review and update their class images to maintain a fresh and engaging learning environment.
- LearnItLive.com may provide additional guidelines or templates to assist instructors in creating effective class images that comply with this policy.
Now, if you don't want to take the time to size your images to 1440x400, and many headshots aren't easily formatted this way, then you can upload other resolutions knowing that they will be cropped.
The one thing to aim for is a width >= 1440 px and a height of 600 to 800 px (about half the width) and the focus of the image around 1/4 from the top of the image. Vertically oriented images will be problematic.
Here is an example of what we mean. Check out how this image appears on this profile.