Thanks to our unique revenue split system, adding your class to our LiL+ program, whether as free or at a discount, can bring you huge dividends compared to offering it for a flat price outside of the LiL+ program.
The initial membership will cost users $7.95/month with a variety of initial period deals offered (eg $1.00, $0.99, 50% off for the first month). The idea is to make Learn It Live and your classes accessible to more people in North America and around the world. Having an accessible price point is critical.
Where Do Membership Fees Go?
50% of the membership goes to class content providers
- One point for recorded participation (counted one time per user/class)
- Three points for live participation (counted one time per user/class)
- Instructor score is divided by the Total Score and then applied to amount to get the total payout
|Recorded||Live||Instructor Score||% of Membership Split||$1,000|
Live vs. Recorded
Live class participation is weighted 3 to 1 for recorded views to reward and encourage more live classes which require active participation and interaction. So, focusing on increasing live participation guarantees a bigger cut of the participation share. However, you still get to benefit from on-demand purchases regardless of when they happen.
How could you increase your revenue even more, you ask?
You can use discounts! Many teachers give a 30% discount for their paid class, and when their students become LiL+ members and attend live, they get paid double for their program from the extra revenue. To elaborate more:
- Example 1: Posting your FREE class as an LiL+ member class with a price is helpful to draw members to your classes AND encourage your community to become members and join your classes, which increases your membership split!
- Example 2: Posting your PAID class with an LiL+ discount not only helps draw people into the membership, but also makes your class eligible for LiL+ payout, provides value for existing members, AND encourages your community to join as LiL+ members, which increases your membership split!
- Example 3: Hosting recorded classes and keeping your classes posted for LiL+ members accrue revenue long after the session is over. So while the live participation is 3x compared to recorded participation, recordings can forever be eligible. So it makes sense to also consider long-term benefits.
Terms and Details:
- We only count recorded participation once per member for each class. This prevents any "gaming" of the subscription split.
- The membership split is calculated and paid out on a quarterly basis.
Please sign in to leave a comment.