What is Learn It Live?
Learn It Live is a website that allows experts to create, market, sell, and conduct live and recorded online classes to a demanding worldwide audience.
What do we do?
We provide the platform, tools, and support that make online learning as flexible and impactful as in-person learning. For instructors and organizations, we even make it profitable, generating new revenue and extending their reach to an audience that they would never reach otherwise.
What steps must an expert take to get started?
Getting started at Learn It Live is much like creating an eBay store or a Facebook business page for your brand.
** We have 2 options for setting up your Learn It Live expert page and classes. You can either do it yourself or let our team take care of everything for you. We also provide more advanced training and marketing services for those that want to kick start their expert academies **
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required steps to get started:
- Apply for an instructor account at https://www.learnitlive.com/InstructorSignUp
- Wait for approval from the Learn It Live Expert Relations team. A Learn It Live representative will be in touch to welcome you to the site and provide a brief introduction to the next steps.
- Once approved, activate your account using the link provided in that email.
- Set up your Learn It Live Expert Academy:
- Upload a professional picture of yourself or your logo.
- Upload or embed a video that welcomes potential learners to your academy, and explains who you are and what your classes are all about.
- Add all background information – including your experience, objectives, education, and a resume/CV.
- Add all the areas of expertise you want to instruct under. If there is a subject area you’d like to instruct under that is not yet listed, please add it for the Learn It Live team to approve.
5. Attend a Learn It Live Orientation Class for instructors. In this class, we cover many important topics, including:
- The benefits: Why instructing at Learn It Live is the best way to get your expertise to a broad audience and monetize your content online.
- The basics of getting started instructing at Learn It Live.
- A brief tutorial on how to use the various features in video conferencing, as well as some tricks for leading engaging live sessions.
6. Get to know the video-conferencing where your live classes take place:
- View our Instructing Online Tutorial.
- Launch a Practice Session by clicking “Launch Practice Session” on your Learn It Live profile page.
7. Go to your Settings (top right profile picture), and complete your account details:
- Make note of your publically viewable expert page URL
- Set your payment information. This is how we will remit your earnings to you (we remit once a month to those accounts that have a minimum of $50 of earnings)
- Invite your existing learners and clients with your referral link. Learn It Live takes a significantly reduced commission on the learners you invite to the site
8. Create your first classes and get started:
- Define the content you want to cover in your classes. It is usually a good idea to hold a series of classes covering the range of your content. Use the series to build up additional clientele.
- Create a compelling class page. This is the page that will explain what the specific class will cover when it will occur and will allow learners to register and pay for it. Make sure to include the following:
- A descriptive and compelling class name and information
- A high-quality and relevant class picture
- A class schedule with time and dates strategically based on when your target audience will be available.
A class can include 1 or multiple sessions (all will be recorded for future sale).
- Create a compelling live class by creating:
- A presentation (PowerPoint, etc.)
- Interactive activities (the Learn It Live orientation session will teach you the types of activities you can use)
3. Opportunities for learner engagement, feedback, and group activities. Interactivity and engagement are the keys!
- Decide what you will charge for each class. Create discount codes to promote your classes.
- Promote and market your live and recorded classes. Make sure to use popular mediums such as:
- Social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Your Website or Blog – Create a banner ad or write a specific post advertising your upcoming classes.
- Email – Send out an email or newsletter to all your contacts and clients.
- Printed Publications – Publish information about your classes in a relevant printed publication.
Please sign in to leave a comment.