For a variety of reasons instructors may want to restrict registration for a class. Some being:
- After a course starts, they don't allow new entrants
- At the end of a course, they don't want people registering for the on-demand class but want existing students to keep the course
- They want to do a new version of the program and want to restrict people from registering for the old version, but existing registrants should retain access
In each of these cases, there is a simple process by making the class "Private".
1. Edit the class (find on the class page or class widget menu)
2. Click "Additional Options" on step one and choose "Private" (enter an "Access Code" that people would have to use to join)
Now, the class will no longer be listed publicly, new students will not be able to register without the access code, AND existing students will still retain access to the course in their account and be able to reach and enter the class the same as they were before making it private.